Saturday, January 23, 2010

Here and Now

Yes, this is still an operating blog. 
I've just been... uninspired.  Actually, not so much uninspired as just inspired to do other things besides blog.
More on that another day, though.
For now, I'm just reveling in the here and now.  And right now things are like this:
Yesterday I went to see Avatar, and was less than impressed.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I am perhaps the only human being, including those that make up the Hollywood Foreign Press and the Academy of Motion Pictures (you know... "I'd like to thank the Academy..."), who wasn't blown out of their chair by this movie.  Maybe my 3-D glasses were defective or something, but I just thought it was kind of dumb.  So... Avatar, thumbs down. 
Last night after coming home from the movie, I was ecstatic to find my new favorite show airing on repeat.  The show:  Criminal Minds.  I am so addicted it is not funny, which is why its so great that A&E plays the old seasons over and over again.  I'm slowly but surely getting all caught up and putting all the pieces together.  My favorite aspect of the show?  This guy:


He's this whiz kid who has something like three PhDs, and he's just as dorky as he looks.  I heart him.  So, Criminal Minds and Dr. Spencer Reid, thumbs up.
Today has been spent cleaning my apartment.  As in, that's what I've been doing since eleven o'clock this morning.  Although it had to be done, I could certainly have found a more fun way to spend the day.  Cleaning my apartment all day, thumbs down.
Because I cleaned my apartment all day, this dump is shining like the top of the Chrysler building.  (Note:  my apartment, albeit small, is not really a dump, per se; I just got carried away by my inner Miss Hannigan.)  Seriously, it is clean.  You could eat off the kitchen floor... or on a fan blade (yes, I dusted them)... or on the bathroom floor... or in the bathtub, for that matter.  (Who would want to do that, though?  Eating off the floor or in the bathtub, thumbs down.)  Anyway, having a squeaky, sparkling, fresh-smelling apartment, most definitely thumbs up.
So, I was supposed to go visit Katie this weekend in Oxford, and this visit was going to include a much-hyped Jersey Shore-themed house party.  (Y'all know my affinity for all things Jersey Shore.)  In the end, though, I had to take the route I hate sensible route and stay home, doing much-needed things like schoolwork and the aforementioned house cleaning.  Missing an amazing time with a great friend, thumbs down.
Wednesday night, however, I had a mucho fun dinner with some of my favorite hometown ladies to celebrate Summer's birthday.  I hadn't seem them in several weeks, so it was great to catch up with them.  There was storytelling, a little dishing, sushi, and, of course, laughing.  Laughing 'til you cry with people you've known forever, big, big thumbs up.


No comments: