Monday, April 19, 2010

Have a Nice Weekend

This past weekend was Super Bulldog Weekend, a spring tradition in Starkville/at Mississippi State that I truly adore.  There's baseball games, the spring football game, the Cotton District Arts Festival, great music, tons of crawfish and cold beer, and, best of all, tons of friends in town.  Add in some gorgeous weather like we had this year, and you've got the makings of a truly super weekend.
I started off Friday morning by getting my apartment all cleaned up for my company, who would start arriving that afternoon.  The finishing touch was, of course, some beautiful flowers, for y'all know I always think fresh flowers do wonders for any occasion.  I also watered my flowers I've been taking so much care of outside, for I wanted them to look their best for our company, too.





Megan got into town early afternoon, and we headed for the Cotton District to enjoy the beautiful afternoon.  We hung out for awhile, Becca and Wex came and met up with us, and before long Meg, Wex, and I headed home to get ready for an amazing dinner at Anthony's.  And an amazing dinner, it was.  After dinner we went out downtown, where all the bars were packed with SBW merriment.  I will go ahead and say now that I took no pictures from the weekend.  I know you're disappointed; I'm disappointed in myself, as well.
Saturday dawned bright and beautiful, and Wex and I started off the morning with breakfast at City Bagel.  We met up with Meg after breakfast and headed for the Cotton District Arts Festival, one of my favorite springtime events.


After walking around the festival for awhile, we met up with Becca, Paige and Lauren for lunch at the new Grill, which, aside from the miserable service, was wonderful.  After lunch we headed back to the Cotton District, where the remainder of the afternoon was spent hanging out people-watching at the Bin.  The night was again spent downtown, although this fossil drank ice water at the bar and called it a night relatively early.  I was sooooo exhausted.  As I said, I took no pics, but I managed to steal a couple that Becca snapped Saturday.



Sunday we did something I've been wanting to do since football season, but for some reason never could manage to pull together--brunch at Restaurant Tyler.  It was seriously worth it, and we were all glad we finally got ourselves together.  That afternoon, I went to see Death at a Funeral and spent the rest of the day lounging on my couch watching movies.  Well, honestly, I only made it through about a movie and a half before I was snoozing the day away.  Seriously, I am old and cannot hang like I used to.  How pitiful.
Today it was back to the grind.  Carrot sticks and turkey sandwiches, school work and class.  If you can believe it, the semster will be over this time next week.  Isn't that insane?  April 26 is my last final, and then I'm done for the semester.  Whoop whoop for that!!
Finally, I have to leave you with a few pictures of one the cutest kids on this planet.  My little cousin Frances is the most precious little doll-baby ever.  And J. Caraway is a seriously amazing photographer.  Put the two together and you have these gorgeous pictures.




Are these not seriously beautiful?  I am so jealous of J. Caraway's work.  Seriously, if I had half the talent that she has in her pinky finger, you wouldn't be able to wrench my camera from my hand.
Anyway, hope your week is off to a great start, and I hope you're finding some little way to enjoy this amazing weather.  Seriously, is God unbelievably great, or what?!

No comments: