Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekend Update

So, before you say anything...
I know I've been slacking big time lately in the blog department. 
Can I blame the insanity that is work and school 100%?  I hope so... because I am.
Work is absolutely nuts most days and every day is a new adventure, but I really like what I'm doing, and I love the people I'm doing it with.  I'm beyond blessed by all of the wonderful people who have entered my life during the past thirteen weeks (thirteen weeks... how nuts is that?!), and I'm so thankful for their guidance, wisdom, and influence.
This past Friday I took my master's comp exam.  I'm not going to pretend I aced it; I'm not even going to pretend it was remotely easy.  It was quite the opposite, actually.  In other words, it was really, really hard.  In fact, it might have been the hardest test I've ever taken to date, but, you know what?  Lord willing I passed, and it's over.
Friday night Lindsey and I went to downtown Columbus' Ghosts & Legends tour.  It was admittedly cheesy, but it was a good time and a new and different look at my hometown (which is not easy to come by in a place I've lived for almost twenty-six years).  It was great to get to hang out with Lindsey and a fun night all around.


Saturday I spent the day/night in Starkville tailgating and cheering on the Bulldogs.  Did I hear someone say bowl eligible??  I couldn't be more excited about our postseason possiblities, and, although Saturday night's game wasn't pretty, I'm always excited to add another 'W'.  I had the greatest, most relaxing day, and it was so great to be able to enjoy such a leisurely Saturday in one of my most favorite places in the world.





I've got another busy week this week, but I'm excited to be back in Starkville Saturday to see the Bulldogs take on Kentucky.  I'm hoping we can keep this winning streak going, and I'm excited to hang out with so many of my favorites again, too.
Oh, and how could I forget to mention my favorite new thing in my life...

Fro-yo has arrived in Starkville!!  As you may know, I have been a little obsessed with the frozen yogurt phenom since my Spring Break trip to Dallas.  Therefore, ever since I first heard of Starkville's very own yogurt store opening, I couldn't wait for that great day.  And now it's come!  Local Culture opened Thursday, I've already been twice, and I love it so much already.  I'm so thrilled that fro-yo is making a comeback.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

My favorite part of this trip? The spring break Dallas trip mention.

We need to go back. Stat.

Jessica's Spare Time said...

My couin, Brittany Gates, is a bull-dog fan, and she also plays on the fastpitch and softball team. She is a good player. Keep up the good work, and don't party too hard.

Banu said...

I've been reading (as well as watching) your blog lately. I admire your style of writing.