Monday, February 27, 2012

Loving Oscar

I thoroughly enjoyed the Oscars last night.  To me, it was perhaps the best show since Hugh Jackman hosted, and, considering my embarrassingly fervent love of Hugh Jackman, that's saying something.
Even though I felt somewhat unpreprared/uninformed about the nominees this year (I've seen the majority of the nominated films, but I felt hugely out-of-the-loop not having seen The Artist), I was overall rather satisfied with the winners.  Having been blown away by Michelle Williams performance in My Week with Marilyn, I was hoping for her to walk away with her own golden man, but Meryl was also amazing in The Iron Lady, so it's all good.
A few highlights for me were, of course, the return of Billy Crystal (best host of our time), Ellen's commercials for JCPenney (ancient Rome = favorite), Emma Stone presenting with Ben Stiller (I feel like Emma and I are friends; is that weird?), and, finally, the Cirque du Soliel performance (my eyes didn't know where to look; I realized at the end I had been holding my breath the entire time; I adored every second).
The final highlight was, of course, the dresses!  Here are a few of my favorites:

Michelle Williams


Milla Jovovich


Emma Stone


Tina Fey


Penelope Cruz


Stacy Kiebler


Jessica Chastain


Angelina Jolie (and her leg?)


Ah, I adore the magic of the movies.

PS:  My best friend Ben is a wonderfully talented chef and writer for Saveur magazine in New York.  This month he landed his first cover story and bared his heart, his story, and his layer-cake expertise.  Check out the full article here.  

No comments: