Monday, June 23, 2008

A Question of Priority

Right now, at this very minute, at 11:12PM central standard time on June the 23 of 2008... I am absolutely starving. I'm not talking about feeling a little empty... I'm talking eat-a-horse-hungry. Great. I need to think about something else. Something else.... something else... something else...
Bagel and cream cheese. No... no better.
Chicken salad. Still not working...
Chocolate chip cookies. Pizza. Cheerios. Garden Salsa Sunchips.
Enough. Must persevere.
Eight weeks from today, I will be starting graduate school. Every day I get more and more excited... and, I must admit, a little nervous, too. It's no secret that my freshman year of college was nothing short of disastrous, and what if that happens again??? Julia, Lexie and Lindsey won't be there to rescue me this time...
I'm trying not to focus on the negative, though. I'm currently in the process of rounding up various pieces of furniture from what seems to be every corner of the earth. As it stands, I have a lamp, a bedspread, a kitchen table and chairs, several cooking dishes, silverware and wineglasses. So, if you come to visit me, bring a sleeping bag and pillow as well as something to eat off of and expect to sit on the floor. There will be plenty of posters/pictures on the wall, however, and a number of coffee table books for you to enjoy. It's all about priorities, you know...

No comments: