Thursday, June 26, 2008

Story of a Violin

So, the coolest of all cool things happened today... I went to Louisville to get my violin!! I know... you were expecting more, right?? Sorry to disappoint... if you know me well, you know my interests often lie in offbeat places. Anyway, I went to get it today, and I start lessons after the 4th of July. I could not be more excited!! I played around with it some this afternoon, and, call me crazy, but I think I may have taught myself the first 8 notes of.... "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." I'm pretty, er..., positive I'm a virtuoso in the making...
In other news, I'm leaving sinfully tomorrow morning to go to a wedding at the beach. I cannot wait to get there! A good number of my friends from high school are going (which could be dangerous if you know the group...), and I'm really excited about a weekend away. Considering that I am practically Casper I am so pale, I'm sure I will return a deep shade of, well, crimson, but what in the world is new about that??
I'm kind of getting into this whole blogging thing. I was a little skeptical at first, but I'm slowly but surely being converted. They say (one day I hope to meet this illustrious "they") that doing something six times makes it a habit, so I'm halfway to being a habitual blogger. I've always been a huge journal writer, and I am having a hard time giving up my pen-to-paper mentality, but this is so much quicker... and it has the added perks of unlimited font changes and easy-to-add-in pictures. Who doesn't love that??? Okay... I give up. Consider me a convert...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ooh yay for new instruments!! That's such an exciting time!You have to let me know how your first lesson goes... and if it's not too much of an outlandish request, can I ask that you practice on your bed (preferably indian style with music lazily scattered in front of you) just once for me? It was always a dream of mine, and it's looking like it will forever be unrealized. So, pressure's on springer! :)

And, by the way, my sister the genius figued out recently (thanks to her 2-year-old) that the alphabet song is actually sung to the tune Twinkle. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that means we just doubled your repertoire!