Monday, June 22, 2009

Big Deal

Jon and Kate + 8.
I don't get it.
Can someone please clue me in as to what the big deal is about this family??
Admittedly, I've never watched the show. It never piqued my interest; so, all I know about the show and the Gosselins is what has shown up in the media, which has skyrocketed lately.
Apparently there's some sort of trouble in paradise?
A family signs up for a reality television show and agrees to have film crews following them twenty-four/seven, three-sixty-five. Tension and (seemingly) disaster ensues. What about this is surprising? More than that, why is this newsworthy?
All I know is this: I can't turn on FoxNews, Entertainment Tonight, the Today show, or Late Night with Conan O'Brien (or anything else in between) without hearing something about Jon and Kate + 8. Seriously, some member of the Gosselin family has graced the cover of the last 4 People magazines. I see it all around me. I hear people talking about it all the time. All I don't understand is why.
Like I said, I don't get it.
I know there are at least a few of you out there who live for the latest on the Gosselins (Becca, Meg... ahem... Nick), so feel free to enlighten me. Until then, I'll sit tight for the newest piece of inappropriately private information released to the general public through the mainstream media. One of the kids picked his or her nose; Kate put new highlights in her hair; the family settled their differences with a Three Muskateers-style duel.
The sky truly is the limit, it seems.

1 comment:

Rebecca McKissack said...

laurenelizabethspringer how can you not? if you watched it...i really think you may like it.

it started out as this sweet family who had cute as pie children with bubbling personality...I hate what has happened to them though.

its a mom and dad raising eight kids!!! whats not interesting about that?!? :) You and lib need to get the seasons and start. your mom would LOVE them.