Sunday, June 28, 2009

Wicked Good

Have I mentioned how ecstatic I am that Day is finally home from Germany?! I fear I've been lax in giving her the proper welcome she deserves...
Daze, I'm so glad you're back!!
I was fortunate enough to get to spend the entire day with Day yesterday as we ventured to Memphis for a fun day trip, including a matinee of Wicked. I saw Wicked in New York two years ago, and it has remained one of my most favorite musicals. As shocking as this may sound, I think this touring group that brought the production to Memphis may have outshone the cast I saw in New York. It may sound crazy, but it's true!!
One cool surprise was the actor who played the Wizard. I thought he looked familiar the second he walked out on the stage, and with a little racking of my brain I came up with exactly who he was: head counselor Pat from the movie Heavyweights. Random, huh? (And an odd person to remember?) D-list though he may be, Day and I thought it was neat.
We had so much fun laughing and talking all the way to Memphis and back. Before we left, my mom said, "You and Day don't get to acting so silly and laughing that you run the car off the road." She said this in jest, but it was probably pretty good advice, for we did come awfully close to doing just that. I'm so glad she's back and look forward to more fun with her this summer before she starts medical school in the fall.

3 comments:

Rebecca McKissack said...

lauren! i feel replaced :) kidding...jealous yall got to see it again. i loved it in new york too!

Meaghan said...

I'm going to see Wicked Friday night, and I can't wait!! It seems everyone has been blogging/Facebooking about it this week!! Have a great day!!

Day said...

did i not ever comment on this????? i love this post and how much fun we had. what a great day!!!!! glad to be back to hang out with you, laur!