Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hometown Girl

What a neat weekend.
I often think that I have done and seen everything that my hometown has to offer, seeing as I've basically lived here for all of my twenty-four-and-a-half years. Yesterday, however, I discovered a whole new world.
I had to get up really, really early to find it, but it was definitely worth it.
With my mom's surgery and crazy schedule these past weeks, I haven't gotten to take many pictures lately. I have been itching to take some, though, and the other day when I saw a sign for the local farmers market, I knew I had found my subject. The only hitch? It started at seven o'clock Saturday morning.
The crack of dawn it's not, but it's early nonetheless.
However, it seems I will do just about anything to try to get a good picture, so I left my house bright and early yesterday morning. It was so, so worth it.
The early morning world is a totally different world, and one of which I am a big fan. (And not just because the sunlight early in the morning is fabulous for taking pictures...) There is just a peace and a quiet that comes early in the morning and never reappears throughout the day.
I found so much amazing color and natural beauty at the farmers market, and I also wandered around downtown Columbus, where I also found some great photo ops.
I bought a few things at the market, one of which I was using for a specific purpose. Tonight my mom and I used my fresh tomato to cook the cutest little individual tomato pies. I managed to hold off eating mine for a minute so I could snap a quick pic to show y'all.Finally, I wanted to say a big happy birthday to one of my bests, Nick. I'm not too excited about starting school again in a few weeks, but I am pretty excited about hanging out with this guy on a regular basis again. Happy Birthday, Nicko!! Hope you've had a wonderful day!!

No comments: