Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Test of Faith

The past eight days have been one test of faith after another, filled with highs and lows, triumphs and stumbling blocks, smiles and tears. 
That's life, though, in its purest form, I suppose.
My mom is doing well, but we have had a few trials and anxious moments that have left me on my knees.  We have listened to the same CD of hymns about thirty-eight times, and I have talked long with God throughout each of these days.
The long is road ahead of us, but we are trying to pray through the pain, laugh through the tears, and look for the positive anywhere we can find it.  It's not always easy, and we sometimes fall to discouragement, but we're putting our faith in Him and putting those hymns on repeat once again.
My faith has been tested yet again and come out even stronger.
"Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow... Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto me."

No comments: