Monday, May 3, 2010

In the Good Old Summertime

Ok, so I know it's barely even May, which is actually the last month of spring, but, for me... it's summatime!!


The semester has drawn to a close, and school is out for summer.  Can I get a whoop whoop or a fist pump or something on that one?
Last week I was seriously a lady of leisure, as I slept late, lounged around reading in the sun, and indulged in some of my favorite activities, including:
*****a shopping excursion all by my lonesome, which is sometimes my favorite way to spend a day
*****a massage, which--even though the girl who did it practically cracked my spine in half with her pointy elbows and her intense pressure--was wonderful, as always; there's really no such thing as a bad massage
*****sushi with some of my favorite ladies, telling secrets and hashing out the world's problems
*****a mani/pedi
*****a crazy fun wedding with some of my favorite people of all time--lots of inappropriate things were said, hilarious pictures were taken, and, I kid you not, we laughed for hours.  Early in the night, Boyce asked, "What's the main difference between tonight and high school?"  We all laughed and admitted, not much.  That would turn out to be more true than I imagined, as we are just as ridiculous as we were seven years ago (gasp!) when we were still wee high schoolers.












It was such a great, relaxing week, and I was pretty sad to see it go.  There's lots to do this week, though, as I am starting the slow-but-sure move home that will take place over the three months to come.  Last week, I received word on my placement for my internship (the last step in my Master's degree, a nine month/school year long experience) that I will start in August, and I will definitely be in a Lowndes county school, so... this lady is moving home.  I had some mixed feelings about it, which I will share with you another day, I'm sure, but today I'm feeling okay about it.  I'm saving a ton of money and living much closer to my job location, so it all seems to make pretty perfect sense.  Also, my mom will be undergoing knee replacement numero two just two short weeks from today, so I'm both mentally and physically preparing for that, as well.  More on that later, too.
Anyway, hope you all had a great weekend and your week is off to a great start.  A few things I'm loving right this minute:
Cute, lightweight nightshirts to keep me alive cool through these sweltering Mississippi summer nights.  (Yes, it's barely May and it's already pretty toasty.)  I miss my apartment ceiling fan already, and, even though I've only been home a mere week, I have already woken up drenched with sweat more than once.  Bring on the jersey knits and the cool cotton, I say.


Weight Watchers ice cream candy bars.  Whoa.  This is perhaps the best tasting diet food I've ever discovered.  It seriously tastes awfully close to a Snickers ice cream bar (really!) but with a fraction of the calories... and who doesn't love that?!  And, they're a reasonable size so you don't want to eat the entire box like you might with other somewhat-decent-tasting diet foods that look as if they were proportioned for Barbie and Ken to fill up on.  Give 'em a whirl... you won't regret it.


Happy summer, my friends!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I LOVE THOSE SNICKERS ICE CREAM BARS OH MY GOSH THEY ARE SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nom nom nom nom

Kissey said...

that is the CUTEST pic of you and my sissy.