Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thank You All

Y'all know how I love to keep a sort of running commentary of an awards show, and of course I wasn't going to slack on the job for the biggest movie night of the year. The following are the unimportant and only slightly entertaining musings that popped into my head while I was watching this most epic of award shows:
--Mickey Rourke weirds me out. There... I said it.
--Does it really get any better than Hugh Jackman? To me, he is he definition of "total package" and that accent doesn't hurt anything.
--Did anyone else think Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick were painfully awkward on the red carpet?
--I heart Tiraji P. Henson.
--Kate Winslet = stunning, AS ALWAYS.
--How much gel did Zack Effron have to use to make his hair look like that?
--The Oscars uses any excuse to create a movie montage, as evidenced by the homage to the accountants.
--Jack Black can steal the show even in a tiny segment on the red carpet.
--BEST. OPENING. NUMBER. EVER.
--They certainly did pick some obscure women to give out the award for supporting actress.
--I think Amy Adams is the true embodiment of a Disney character come to life.
--I am truly afraid of Tilda Swinton. Seriously, she frightens me.
--"Has anyone ever fainted up here?"-Penelope Cruz. Classic.
--Steve Martin and Tina Fey: talk about a DYNAMIC DUO.
--The child who wrote Milk looks like maybe he should still have a seat at the kids table.
--2008 movie yearbook: what a great idea!
--Jack Black looks really thin; it's nice.
--I think being an art director would be an amazingly cool job. I feel the same way about costume designer.
--I might have teared up at the romance portion of the movie yearbook...
--Ben Stiller "being" Joaquin Phoenix = HILARIOUS.
--Natalie Portman is stunning.
--I should have known no major American broadcast could take place without an appearance from Beyonce.
--If you ask me, there can never be too many huge song and dance numbers.
--What does Philip Seymour Hoffman have on his head?
--Josh Brolin and Diane Lane make a fabulously gorgeous couple.
--Could the Ledger family be any more poignant, eloquent, and inspirational?
--The action section of the movie yearbook was badass, and I don't even like action movies.
--Only Will Smith could call Brad Pitt a "garden gnome" and get away with it.
--Spotted: John Mayer and Jennifer Aniston. Foxy.
--Jerry Lewis' huge heart caught me totally off-guard.
--Best Song and Best Score are always one of my favorite parts of the whole show, probably because my secret dream is to be a part of the Academy Awards Orchestra.
--I don't think I've ever seen Alicia Keys look so gorgeous.
--Although Slumdog Millionaire was an unbelievable movie, it would not have been the same without its music. Both of the musical Oscars it received were incredibly well-deserved.
--John Legend's voice gets me every time.
--I've seen Reese Witherspoon wear some truly exceptional dresses; tonight's selection, however, was not one of those. Sorry, Reese.
--Danny Boyle's Tigger tribute = too cute.
--I hope Reese Witherspoon really is as friendly as she seems.
--Talk about dynamite: Loren, MacLaine,Cotillard, Kidman, and Berry. The presenters for Best Actress were off-the-charts.
--I am not a huge Anne Hathaway fan, but I was so moved by her emotion when Shirley MacLaine was talking about her nomination.
--Could Angelina Jolie be any more effortlessly beautiful?
--Kate Winslet's win needs no more recognition than this: FINALLY.
--All of a sudden, Robert DeNiro looks so old.
--Although Sean Penn's political views differ from my own, I can't deny the fact that, for some reason, I just like him, and I think he's a fabulous actor.
--I think this year's films might be some of the best made in years, and all of the nominees are so talented and deserving.
--I think the kids in Slumdog Millionaire are the cutest things I've ever seen.
--In my opinion, this was the best Academy Awards show I've seen in years. Something about it just resurrected the idea of old Hollywood and the entertainment that movies bring into our lives. I loved every minute of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with all..
I was waiting the whole time for Reese to come out. I can't believe I am admitting that her dress was not my favorite either.. I do believe that she is just as nice as she seems.(remember how I saw her own my honey moon, she was sweet then to watching her with her children and friends...she is just such my idol..of course I think she is the best. You know this spring. Thanks for your comments .. they were very fitting and funny! Miss you neighbor!