Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Weekend's Too Short

Wow... what a great weekend.
From start to finish, this one really was fabulous.
It kicked off when Amanda arrived in town Thursday afternoon. We had a fun, relaxed night at out, meeting Alex for dinner at the Bin then heading downtown to Barrister's. Although there weren't too many people out, we somehow managed to have a good time. Yeah, right... with our solid crew there was no shortage of laughter.
Most of the day Friday was spend traipsing around Starkville in the rain in search of "the perfect top" for Amanda to wear out Saturday night in Oxford. If you know anything about Starkville, you know that if there's one thing we are sorely lacking, it's clothing stores. We refused to be discouraged, however, and we found her something really cute to wear. (For those of you who didn't know it, I fantasize that I am a little tiny bit of Stacy London from TLC's What Not to Wear, so this little adventure was secretly right up my alley.)
Friday night we had dinner/drinks at The Grill then headed back to Barrister's. Amanda and I had the greatest time together, cracking all these "hilarious" jokes and entertaining each other to no end. We took some absolutely ridiculous pictures, tried our hand at a game called darts, laughed for hours, and had so much fun.
Saturday Alex and Amanda headed to Oxford for a concert, and I headed to Columbus to spend the day with my mom. I had the best day with her. She kept cracking me up with the crazy stuff she was saying, and I had one of the most fun, relaxed visits I've had with her in a really long time. I'm not too proud to admit that Valentine's Day is often a sad day for me, and I sometimes get a little bitter, but this year was the complete opposite. I headed back to Starkville late last night, watched a movie, and headed to bed.
Today I had lunch with Alex and Amanda then headed to the movie theater to see Slumdog Millionaire. I have been wanting to see this movie for weeks, and I was shocked and ecstatic when I heard it would actually be playing in Starkville. It was absolutely amazing, and I would recommend it to anyone. If you want to see all that I had to say about it, check out my review on my movie blog.
After the movie, I came back here and did the tiny bit of schoolwork I had left for the week and have been lost in Capeside, Massachusetts, ever since. (Yes, I'm obviously still on my Dawson's Creek kick... I'm not ashamed.) It was such a fun, relaxed weekend, and I am so thankful to have been able to spend it with such special people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Spring! I am glad you had a wonderful weekend! Leave it to good friends and your mom...I just love her. When I signed on my aol email today.. there he was Mr. Dawson Creek. I then thought of you! I hope your doing good!
Amy Grace

Rachel Buckley said...

Springer! I'm so glad you shared your movie blog in this post---I adore it and will now turn to you for suggestions...it seems that we share much of the same taste and as I have have quite a deep love for old black and white movies--i'd love to give you some reccomendations if you are ever in the mood!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you didn't mention anything about the girl fight at Barrister's Friday night BEFORE 10:00!!!