Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Taste of Excitement

Although my life over the past few weeks has been primarily consumed by my mom's surgery and recovery, there have been a number of hugely exciting developments in the lives of some of my closest friends. 
Have I ever told y'all what great friends I have?
Yes?  Several times, you say?
Oh... well... I'm going to do it again.  Tune out if you wish.
First, over Memorial Day weekend, Summer and Rob got engaged!  They are a really fun couple to be around, and I have never seen Summer so happy.  I missed the initial celebration on their engagement weekend, but I am so excited to start celebrating with several fun parties coming up over the next few months.  Big congrats, my friends!


Next, Day and Kate headed to Brazil on a mission trip.  They both had such an amazing experience, and I have enjoyed hearing about all that they did and everything they saw.  I am so proud of these two wonderful ladies for taking such a big step for the Lord, and I believe many people's lives were changed because of the impact of this trip and the people on it.


Next up, Wex got married!  I was so honored to be a bridesmaid in her wedding, and I had a great time celebrating with the happy couple and catching up with so many of my friends from college who I hadn't seen in too too long.  Wex was a gorgeous bride, and it was a much-needed weekend away for me.  A win-win for everyone, I say!  Big congrats again to Wex and Kyle!


The next bit of exciting news was the teeniest bit bittersweet, too, but only for selfish reasons.  Nick got hired at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, and he packed up and moved from Starkville.  I am so, so proud of all that he has accomplished and how hard he has worked to finish his graduate degree.  All his hard work is paying off for sure!  I must admit, though... I'm super sad he won't be right down the road, and I'm going to miss him like crazy!  I am secretly very excited about coming to visit Knoxville, though, so this move has many upsides.

Just days later, I found out that Mary Beth and Michael are having a baby!  Mary Beth is that friend who has always wanted to be a mom and has forever dreamt of the day she will have a baby of her own.  God has blessed she and Michael with a wonderful marriage and, come February, will bless them with a baby, as well.  They are planning to move back to this area after she finishes her Master's in May, so I know MS will be so glad to welcome the three Ketchums back next spring!


Finally, a bit of exciting news of my own.  Two weeks from today, Day and I are heading to Charleston on a little road trip/vacay/last-ditch-getaway-before-the-misery-of-higher-education-kicks-in trip.  No, it's not a ring, a mission trip, a white dress, a new job, or a baby, but, believe me, that isn't curbing my enthusiasm in the least.  I am so excited to go to this gorgeous city, eat some amazing seafood, and spend some quality time with one of my best friends.  The perfect relaxing end to a rather un-relaxing summer.  I seriously cannot wait!

2 comments:

jenna said...

I'm still jealous of yall's trip! haha.. charleston will be so much fun!! I hope yall have a great time and get in some much needed relaxation before getting back in the grind of school! can't wait to see you this weekend.... so excited!

Day said...

Charleston is so soon!!!! and thanks for the shout out, lady :) so excited about next week!