Monday, April 18, 2011

The Most Beautiful

Well, in an unexpected [insert sarcasm here] turn of events, Jennifer Lopez has been named the World's Most Beautiful Woman by People magazine.


This really comes as no surprise, seeing as, since taking on an American Idol judging position, Lopez's little-more-than mediocre career has skyrocketed.  The woman is everywhere.  She's on the radio; she's all over the television, advertising everything from razors to hair products to mascara; and, you can't open up a magazine without being greeted by her flawless face. 




And don't get me wrong; it is a very pretty face.  Okay, I'll say it.  The woman is gorgeous.



Funny how no one's really mentioning this period of her life...


But... I digress...
This recent proclamation made me think about other gorgeous faces, both male and female.  So, in the first of a 2-part post, I'll share with you a few of my own picks for Most Beautiful and Most Handsome.  Tonight, I'll take on the women, and I'll turn to the men tomorrow for the real fun.
Although Lord knows the world is brimming over with beautiful people, I've narrowed my favorites down to these 15 ladies, in no particular order.  Most of these are modern beauties, but there are a few timeless faces mixed in there, too.

Michelle Pfeiffer




Penelope Cruz



 
Gabrielle Union



 
     Kate Beckinsale



 
Grace Kelly



 
Charlize Theron




 Catherine Zeta-Jones



 
Eva Mendes



 
Rachel McAdams



 
Faith Hill



 
Halle Berry



 
Rosemary Clooney



 
       Lisa Whelchel



 
Natalie Portman


I think these each of these women are majorly gorgeous in varying ways, but, you know, I think I once heard someone say something about beauty being in the eye of the beholder, or something like that?  So, do you disagree with some of my picks?  Or did I leave off one of your style/glamour/beauty icons?
Please feel free to share; you know I live for your feedback.

2 comments:

Lindsey and Jason Nicholson said...

ummmm . . . where is dolly parton?!!! jk-i love your list!!

Anonymous said...

Needs a little Audrey Hepburn <3 :)