Sunday, January 4, 2009

One for Routine

Well, it's official... Hope and Don are Mr. and Mrs.
Friday night we hung out for awhile after their rehearsal dinner at Woody's, but I didn't stay out too late. (The mom had me cleaning out the garage all day Friday, so I was pretty worn out. She seems to think I have an untapped love for domestic tasks...)
They tied the knot, kissed the bride, danced that first dance, and cut the cake. The whole thing was absolutely beautiful, and Hope was like a vision. (In fact, I think I told her that several times at the reception...)
I had a great time hanging out with some of my favorite people in the world, dancing the night away and taking tons of pictures, of course. (This excessive picture taking gets on some people's nerves...ahem, Summer... but I continue to believe that it will be appreciated some day. Maybe.)
Today was spent packing to return back to Starkville, which I was really excited about. It was a different type of excitement than the type I had when I was an undergrad, when I couldn't wait to get back to the sorority house and go out every night of the first week of school. This excitement is more about returning to my routine and to my own independence. I had a wonderful time at home over the holidays, some great talks with my mom and hang-time with my friends, but I was eager to return to my life and my schedule.
The weekend was a wonderful finish to a great holiday, and now I'm eager to dive into another semester of school. To quote Becca, "I'm worthless without a routine."
I second that.
Here's to Positively 2009.

1 comment:

Rebecca McKissack said...

positively 2009 is working out fabulously! and the routine thing...have you seen me lately? i sleep til 12! ugh! and the photo ops? nice! to quote you "like i need another hobby"