Monday, November 9, 2009

Time of the Season


Top 10 Reasons Why (If You Ask Me) Christmastime is Officially... HERE
10.  Christmas commercials have started to pop up all over the TV.  My early favorites:  the classic Wal-Mart Carol of the Bells commercial and the new Hallmark ornament commercial.
9.  Starting tomorrow, ABC Family will be showing a Christmas movie for what I understand to be almost every day until, well, Christmas.
8.  I went to Wal-Mart yesterday the "2009 Official Toy Guide" was thrust into my face before I could even get in the door.
7.  The mall sign is advertising when Santa will be arriving.
6.  Stores are playing Christmas music.
5.  I went to the holiday open houses in Columbus this weekend, which is always one of my favorite activities to kick off the holiday season.
4.  Only now does sipping on hot chocolate start to feel right.
3.  My house is totally decorated for Christmas (and has been since last Monday), and the first thing I do every day when I get home is twinkle light this place up.  I also went to see A Christmas Carol yesterday, and it was a straight shot into the Christmas season if I've ever seen one.
2.  The weather is just pleading for sweaters and scarves and all sorts of cool-weather attire.
1.  Even my iPod knows it's Christmas, for it is shuffling far more holiday tunes my way than it did before last week.  See, even the machines know, and you know you can't fight the machines.
So, what are you thinking?  Is it Christmastime in  your life, or do you think I'm a holiday-crazed freak totally jumping the gun??

4 comments:

Rebecca McKissack said...

i love it! i wish my house was decorated. all in good time though.... im celebrating this year. and i have a vision. i cannot wait to do it! yeah! see you FRIDAY. or saturday. not sure yet.... :)

Catherine Thoms said...

i am glad you are so ready for christmas...i have been decorating our store for the past couple weeks and we had our christmas open house friday night. and people keep coming in saying.."oh my gosh the whole store is already converted to christmas...it is just way too early!" and i just want to tell them "so is every other gift/retail store in the country!" i mean, hello???

post some pics of your christmas decorations on your blog!!! :)

Rachel Buckley said...

yay Christmas! I want to twinkle light up my place now!

Lindsey and Jason Nicholson said...

and don't forget the most important part-OUR BIRTHDAYS!!!!!