Monday, November 2, 2009

Point of View

Do you ever wonder what it would be like to look at life from somebody else's perspective?  Walk in someone else's shoes?  Each day dawns differently for each person, and sometimes I get curious about other people's point of view. 
It seems to me that, every day, each one of us is fighting our own battles.  Some of us are dying to fit in, while others are just looking for a chance to stand out.  Some of us would do anything to find a person to share every second with, while others are desperate for a moment alone.  Some of us would give our last dollar and our every breath to have a child to call our own, while others destroy the ones they have before they're even given the chance to live--or by slowly chipping away at every fiber of their being.
Some of us twirl brown hair around our fingers, willing it to be blonde when we look in the mirror.  We wish we were taller, shorter, smarter, thinner, richer, curvier, prettier, more well-endowed.  We wish we could just be a part of the crowd and blend in, but we're unsatisfied if we're never in the spotlight.  We would do anything to be invited, but sometimes we find ourselves longing for a quiet night at home, wishing we could skip out on the party.
Some of us are scared to death of what tomorrow may bring, but we're unbelievably hasty in wishing away today.
Anyway, I don't know what all of that (or any of it, actually) means.  Maybe nothing.  I don't have a moral of this little diatribe or something I've recently learned from my own life.  I was just thinking about all of this and wondered if all these differences make us, ultimately, the same?
Yikes... sameness.  How utterly ordinary.
Or possibly somewhat comfortable and cozy...
I don't know.  I'm clearly rambling.  Perhaps you have some insight?
In other news, the beach was beyond amazing.  The food, the weather, the company--all stellar.  I'm working on paring down and editing my hundreds of pics, so hopefully I'll have those all up in the next few days.  In the meantime, however, I'll leave you with this little tease, one of my early favorites:


Hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween and November is off to a great start!
November... wow.  Can y'all believe that?!  Where did 2009 go??

1 comment:

Rachel Buckley said...

I love your deepness. And your photos.