Thursday, October 29, 2009

La La La


I am so Daria sometimes.  Do y'all remember Daria?  I wasn't really allowed to watch this show when it came on MTV, but, being the "rebellious" high schooler that I was, I would sneakily watch Daria and totally obviously nonchalantly flip the channel when my mom would pop into the room.
Even then I knew I had some definite Daria-isms in me.  In college, I pitched this persona to my friends, and the few who had a clue what I was talking about totally saw the resemblance.  In fact, I was Daria for Halloween a few years ago, but most people just thought I was wearing some bizarro ensemble instead of an actual costume.  Thinking back, the irony in that situation is so Daria.

"People call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute."



Anyway, Tuesday was a definite Daria day.  I woke up late; I got scolded at work and sat at my desk with my jaw clenched while tears rolled down my face; it was freezing cold outside and looked like the middle of January; I was on campus from before 8 AM until after 9 PM; I had to miss So You Think You Can Dance (only my favorite show) because of stupid class; I had a hole in my sock and water in my shoe.
That, however, was Tuesday, and yesterday was a whole different story, for yesterday looked something like this:


Green with envy yet?  Sorry, sorry don't mean to rub it in.
Just know that, until Sunday when I have to leave beautiful Destin, Florida, I'll be living the good life and wishing you were all here to share it with me.  Today was about 80 degrees, gorgeous sun, great breeze blowing--in other words, perfection.
I've already taken about six hundred so many pictures, so you'll feel like you were right here with me, don't you worry about that.  I hope everyone's getting excited about a fun Halloween weekend.  I know it will be a different kind of holiday here on the shore, but I couldn't imagine being anywhere better.
Daria days?  Not in Destin, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Martha said...

I'm sorry that work was so awful. Kudos to you for hanging in there so long and taking the undue scolding so gracefully.

Enjoy your much-deserved vacation!!