Monday, October 5, 2009

Photographs and Memories

So, today I was looking for a certain picture in my scores of photo albums, and I couldn't help but get lost in a reverie, taking a rather long stroll down memory lane.  And, as per usual, it seems, I felt drawn to share that walk with all of you.
So, go for a walk with me.  You don't even have to wear your tennis shoes.

Freshman Year


Me and Lindsey, December 2003.  Yes, that is a hint of blonde hair you see.  Fasten your seatbelts, for it only gets worse.


Disney World, May 2004.  My first Rock 'n' Roller Coaster experience.  (Too bad you can't see the awesome, excessive black-and-white jewelry I'm bathed in...)
Freshman year ends here, unfortunately.  As many of you know, my freshman year was a bit of a debacle.  If you haven't heard my tale, well, you should probably consider yourself lucky, honestly.  It's a bit of a snooze, really.

Sophomore Year


Me and Julia, Phi Mu Bid Day, August 2004.


Julia, Lindsey, and me, September 2004.  I believe this marked the debut of my Alumni Delegate maroon blazer.


Day and me, Hunt Club, spring 2005.  We were oh-so-cool, obviously.


Caroline and me, Dave's Dark Horse Tavern, spring 2005.  Grease pieces and blonde hair abounded, apparently.


Lindsey and me, Bin 612, spring 2005.  For those of you who are raising your eyebrows in wonder, yes, it's true.  I was, in fact, here when they built Up Your Alley.  (I was even here before that... horror of horrors, I know.)


Day and me, All Sig Day, April 2005.


Day, me, and Joe, Courtney Henry's wedding, August 2005.

Junior Year


Lindsay and me, Phi Mu GI Joe/GI Jane swap, September 2005.


Amy, Amanda, and me, Old Venice Pizza Company, fall 2005.


Nick and me, Fall for Phi Mu, fall 2005.


Amy, Julia, and me, Phi Mu Back in Black swap, November 2005.  There was nothing in the world like a Pickled Pig from the Pub...


Claire and me, fall 2005.  This picture is so wrong on so many levels, but clearly the most hideous obvious is that garrish green eyeshadow.  Who did I think that was going to impress??


Lexie, Ben, and me, Tacky Christmas, December 2005.


Becca and me, December 2005.


Amy, Julia, and me, Spring Break in Destin, Florida, March 2006.


Julia, Lexie, and me, Phi Mu Crawfish, April 2006.


Becca, Nick, and me, Mugshots, May 2006.  (Nicko, I know you hate this picture, but you know I love it.  Sorry, dude.)


Alan and me, Washington, D.C., June 2006.


Bailey and me, Washington, D.C., June 2006.

Senior Year
(This is apparently the time in my life when I developed all pictures in black and white. So... yeah.)


Becca, Tori, and me, August 2006.


Erica, Luco, Hunter, Lindsay and me, Boys Bid Day, September 2006.


Wex and me, LeBonheur Children's Hospital, fall 2006.


Nick and me, Homecoming Pep Rally, October 2006.


Kylie and me, Homecoming Court, October 2006.


Alan, Ben, and me, Old Venice Pizza Company, fall 2006.


Katie and me, Mugshots, November 2006.


Walker, Ben, Hunter, Alan, Parker, Carl, Emily, Day, Taneka, and me, Alumni Delegate trip to Disney World, December 2006.


Hunter, Tim, and me, Phi Mu Graffiti superswap, February 2007.


Julia, Ben, and me, MSU baseball game, spring 2007.


Lindsay, Kristin, Hunter, and me, Spring Break in New York City, March 2007.


Tim and me, Phi Mu Rolling on the River, March 2007.


Alex, Amanda, Wex, and me, Super Bulldog Weekend, April 2007.


Becca, Ben, and me, Mugshots, April 2007.

I loved college, and I miss it a lot.  However, maybe I'm still in college?  Yeah, I'm going to go with that line of thought.  So, tune in tomorrow for pics from the rest of my college road.  The worst haircuts and the most heinous make-up is behind us (I promise), but there's still fun to be had...

3 comments:

Rebecca McKissack said...

i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i miss college.... and some of those pics... eek! :) see you soon!

Day said...

hahahhaha oh my gosh i love our life. i miss you. please forgive me for not being there to take more pictures :( i miss and love you laur!

Anonymous said...

i miss it too =(
I know you really miss me coming in your room in the wee early morning hours;)!