Thursday, October 1, 2009

Seasons Change

It's been a totally bizarre bit of an odd week.  Not particularly bad, not particularly good.  Just odd.
I was all poised and ready to make this big confession/revelation via blog, but I totally wussed out feel led in another direction.  It's coming, I promise; it just may come a little later than I had originally intended...
It sort of feels like the winds of change blew in more than cooler temperatures this week.  What's old is new, and what used to be desirable is repulsive just doesn't cut it anymore.  People have emerged from the shadows and changed the way I look at things, and others who were formerly central characters in my so-called life have been seemingly written off the page.
I know I'm not making a bit of sense, but I just don't really know how to explain what's going on in my life at the moment.  I don't mean to be purposely evasive and scramble your brains talk in code; it appears that this is the only way it can manifest at the moment.
I think everything that's happening is good.  Honestly, I think even the bad stuff is good.  I feel like things are changing, and, although that's something that often scares the hell out of me not something I am always psyched about, I feel positive as this week draws to a close.  
I mean, with weather like this and fall everywhere you look, who can possibly stay in a bad mood?
In other news, I wanted to give ya'll a beginning of the month weight-loss update.  To date, I'm up to 19 lbs, which I can't help but be proud of.  It's still coming off at a snail's pace slow, but at least it's coming off, eh?  Thanks so much for all of your thoughts, prayers, and encouraging words; they've meant to much.  I've been thinking about and praying for all of you who expressed to me that you're fighting this battle, too, and I hope you've seen some success these last two weeks, as well.  Keep up the good work, and I'll keep it up on my end!
Finally, Happy October!  I love this month, and it seems like everybody is happier when the pumpkins and the mums start popping up all over the place.  I know it certainly puts a spring in my step, and a Starbucks caramel apple spice or hot chocolate doesn't hurt anything either certainly sweetens up a cool morning. (I know, I know... they have like a hundred million thousand calories; I've only smelled them while I walk through the union or bookstore gulping my water like it's an apple martini chocolate milk, I promise.  Pinky swear.)  Anyway, I hope your fall and your October are off to a great start, and I hope you all have a great weekend!
Oh, and I got the most fabulous manicure today and, because I'm a total goob in honor of the game Saturday, Lara painted my nails with the most perfect maroon; it was like it was made for Mississippi State.  Can't wait to cheer for those Bulldogs!          

3 comments:

Rebecca McKissack said...

woop woop! be proud of those 19 pounds! thats great :) unfortuantely, i'm thinking i found your lost 19 lbs :( sad im missing this weekend, just need a relaxing weekend! see you soon. loves

Anonymous said...

thats so great spring!!! 19 is fabulous! .. I know I always want those 1000 calorie coffee drinks too.. but finding a good fall fat free creamer at the grocery to spice up the old coffee does wonders too! I even had decaf last night.. obsessed just a little =).. What color was it do you remember? I love a good OPI.. miss you

Alicia said...

Spring! I'm so happy for you! You're doing great!