Tuesday, December 15, 2009

All I Want for Christmas is You

Dear Santa,
I know you're probably thinking that I'm a little old to be doing this, but I've been satisfactory pretty good this year, so I thought I'd give it a shot.  I'm a little out of practice, so forgive me if I'm a tad rusty at first.
First, I'd like a new copy of Newsies, preferably on DVD.


Unfortunately, my VHS copy bit the dust during football season.  No one would 'fess up to destroying it even though it looked like this:

but that's a whole melodrama unto itself.  Anyway, it's pretty much been my favorite movie since third grade when Alicia and I used to watch it every weekend, singing and dancing along, of course.  It's my go-to when I've had a lousy day, that foxy Christian Bale just makes my life sweeter, and I'm in serious need of a new copy, pronto.  Help me out, SC?
Next, I would really love to have the whole series of Daria on DVD, as well.  That Daria Morgandorfer cracks me up, and I would love to add her to my DVD collection.  That's all there is to that one, no story, no plea.  Just pure want.


I am really jonesing for this next one, so pay close attention, Claus.  I am desperate for this camera lens, for I feel it's time to take my zoom capabilities to the next level, and for that I need this little beauty:


I know it may not look like much, but I think it is just what I need.  Granted, I will have to carry it in a separate case and probably get seasick adjusting to the equilibrium, but I'm up to the challenge if you simply give me the means.  Come on, Santa... whaddya say??
To go along with this new lens and the explosion of pictures I will undoubtedly be taking, I think it's time I upgraded my editing software, as well.  What I really want is this:

 

but seeing as it is exhorbitantly expensive (as in, I wouldn't even ask Santa for that), I am more than willing to go in a different direction and, instead, ask you for this:


So, how about it?  You wouldn't bring me this fantabulous new lens and leave me with my barely mediocre editing software, would you? 
Finally, if you're feeling reeeeeeaaaaalllllllyyyyyy generous, I wouldn't mind at all if you brought me this:


The Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM in the Damier pattern.  My dream bag.  The bag to end all bags, if you ask me.  Ahhhh...... I swoon just looking at it (as well as looking at the price tag).  I know, I know... it's extravagant and unnecessary and somewhat impractical at this stage in my life, but if you wanted to squeeze it down the chimney with you, I would accept it without hesitation.  Just fyi, of course...
So, there you have it, big man.
Thanks so much for your continued service; you really are one of a kind.
All my love,
Lauren

1 comment:

Day said...

dude, we both want a new lens for the camera, and new editing software. we're awesome. even if i haven't been able to take pictures this semester, that's not gonna stop me next semester. can't wait! miss you!