Friday, December 4, 2009

TV Guide

So, lately I haven't had quite as much time to devote to the boob tube as I would like, as school work continuously gets in the way.  I have, however, managed to keep up to date on my absolute die-if-I-miss-them favorites.
My new fall favorite is most definitely Glee.  If you haven't seen this one, you should probably go ahead and jump on the bandwagon now, for it is laugh-out-loud funny every week (and those kids can really sing, too).  One of my favorite characters is Sue Sylvester, the badass, backstabbing, lying, cuts-like-a-knife funny cheerleading coach.  Sue says all those things that go through other people's heads but social norms constrain you from saying them.  Everything she says is, admittedly, horrible, but I cannot help but guffaw again and again.



My other favorite character is Kurt, the fish out of water fashionista, the gay high schooler in middle America.  Kurt makes me practically scream with laughter with his quick quips, his mannerisms, and his hilarious facial expresssion.  The kid is a riot.



Next week is the final episode on Glee for the fall, and I can't wait to see what cliff they leave me hanging off of, for you know that's exactly what they'll do.
My other favorite (which I have loved since its second season in 2006) is So You Think You Can Dance.   I thought there had been good seasons before, but this season is off-the-chain amazing. 


(I tried and tried... and tried some more to find the group routine they did this week to Still Rock and Roll to Me from Billy Joel's Movin' Out (becuase it would blow you away), but... no luck.  Boo.)  Those 20 kids should be allowed to think they can dance because no one would dare dispute.  Although there's no Neill (all-time foxiest favorite contestant),
 
I have certainly picked some favorites to root for.  It is down to the top 8, and I am really loving Ellenore (and her beyond fabulous pixie haircut), and Russell, who I picked as one of my favorites from auditions.  The one I really adore, though, is Jakob... wowza.  That's the only way I can describe his dance and his quality of movement.  Just wowza.
SYTYCD has featured some of the most amazing dancing I've ever seen, and so many of my favorite routines have come from this guy:     
Wade Robson.  A living legend in the dance world, and a rather foxy gentleman himself (although I'm pretty sure he's probably certifiably insane).  He has brought so many gems to the show, like this one from season 3:  



and this legendary group routine from season 2:



I think this one looks like a Victorian version of thriller, and I love it.
Anyway, last night I found another show I know I won't be missing.  I have been waiting for Jersey Shore to start for weeks--ever since I first saw the trailer.




I was not disappointed as it was, in fact, the nastiest, skankiest, trashiest, most ridiculous and, therein, funniest thing I've seen in a long time.  It was like the Real World, but everybody was from the same type of background so they were just feeding off of each other.  Also, I didn't really realize it was PC to say 'guido.'  I kind of thought that was a racial slur, but it appears I was mistaken, as they speak of being a guido (and don't forget a guidette) to be a good thing.  One of my favorite parts of the episode was when Pauly comes riding up to the summer house in his Cadillac.  Not an Escalade, mind you... some gigantic Cadillac DeVille or something.  Oh, yeah... and he has the word Cadillac tattooed down his side in this gigantic script.  
Give it a whirl; I have full faith that you will laugh out loud, too.
Anyway, I'm off to the movies!  Happy Friday!   

No comments: