Saturday, October 18, 2008

What's Up, Doc?

Tonight I want to start by saying CONGRATS to Day, one of my best friends in the world, on getting into medical school! Day and I have been friends since practically before we could form complete sentences, and I could not be more proud of her. She has been working toward this for her whole life, and she is going to be a phenomenal doctor.
Day and I have the funniest relationship. Well, to be clear, I think sometimes it's only funny to us. We do and say these ridiculous things, and no one thinks they're half as funny as we do. I can't wait to hear all of her med school stories; I know they will entertain me to no end.
All of my friends mean something special to me, and Day is no exception to that. She constantly blows me away with her compassion for other people and her ever-expanding faith. She is the first person I go to when I have a faith-based question, and she helps me to remember the importance of prayer and patience when I get too wrapped in life's daily trials.
Oh, and did I mention that Day is brilliant? No joke, the girls is wicked smart. In fact, she was so smart in high school chemistry that we used to joke that her family had a chemistry lab underneath their house and she would go home and practice the lab assignments in her free time. Joke was on us, however. She didn't need to do extra practice to get the experiments right; she was just smart enough to know how to do them perfectly after she'd barely glanced at the lab manual. (I, on the other hand, was too busy making jokes about the lab equipment and thinking about who I was going to talk to on Instant Messenger when I got home....)

In essence, whether we're being Daria and Lucy, "cutting it out," fantasizing about Disney World or Harry Potter or wishing we could "suck our words back in through a straw," we're almost always laughing, and she continues to inspire me to work towards bettering myself. I know God has amazing things in store for her life.
In other news, I have discovered that I will do almost anything to avoid having to study. To further that idea, (and this sort of relates back to Day, oddly enough...) I have started writing a movie blog. Be sure to check that out if you have a minute, and don't judge me for my sometimes seemingly odd taste in movies...
My excitement is mounting more and more everyday because Ben is coming one week from today. I haven't seen him since June, and I cannot wait to hear all of his recent stories and details of his adventures. I'm sure we will laugh continuously from the time we first see each other until the second he leaves!
Oh, yeah... one more thing. Hey, Bristol!

1 comment:

Day said...

All I can say is.. I am so blessed to have you in my life, Laur!