Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Big Wednesday

I love Wednesdays.
Wednesday is the one day out of the week when I can leave work at 1:00 and not have anywhere else I HAVE to be for the rest of the day. I never thought one free afternoon would mean to much to me, but grad school is quickly teaching me to appreciate the little things.
This was a particularly oustanding Wednesday.
It really went well right from the beginning. The whole time I was at work I was really busy, which might cause some to scratch their head in wonder, saying "What's so great about that?" Those of you who have worked office jobs will perfectly understand me when I say the following: the more work you have to do, the faster the day goes by.
While I was a work I got a voicemail from a local number, but I can't check my messages while I'm at the office, so I didn't get the message until I left at 1:00. And what a great message it was...
Somebody sent me flowers!
I am one of those people who truly believe that there are few things better in the world than fresh flowers, and fresh flowers sent from someone you love are just that much more special.
But who in the world could these be from? And for what occasion?
I got home to find a beautiful bouquet at my apartment, sent to me from my sweet best friend, Bailey. I couldn't imagine why in the world she might be sending me these... and then I read the card, which was officially asking me to be the maid of honor in her and Sage's wedding this summer.
Hmmm.... I wonder what I should say...
Duh.
After that sweet surprise I headed to my favorite lunch spot, City Bagel (which just happens to be located about 100 yards from my apartment). I sat outside on this beautiful "pseudo-fall" afternoon, ate a turkey on spinach and cheddar bagel sandwich and studied about eating disorders. (This is the type of subject I am frequently submerged in now. Yesterday it was poverty, today eating disorders. Comes with the territory, I guess.)
I wasn't quite ready to head inside yet, so I headed onto campus to further my enjoyment of the sunshine under one of the umbrellas at the State Fountain Bakery. The cool breeze blew, I saw several familiar faces, and I looked around at the beauty that is Mississippi State University.
I know I sound incredibly cheesy right now, but I had an admittedly cheesy afternoon.
I can't help it.
When the sun started to set, I came home and studied for a while longer before treating myself to sushi, one of my favorite meals. I watched a little Will & Grace while I ate, looked at my beautiful bridesmaid-esque bouquet and thought about what a great day it's been.
I should have known it would be good when I woke up this morning.
It's Wednesday, after all.

1 comment:

Haley said...

I watch Will and Grace on my lunch breaks every day now. Good "while your eating" entertainment :)