Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Drama Queen

Wow... I haven't posted in awhile...
The last several days have been very eventful with lots going on, and I guess I've pushed posting to the back burner (shocking, I know). Looks like I should get right to it, then.
The weekend started Thursday when Amanda arrived for a short visit. I was so glad to see her, since we hadn't hung out since MAY!! We had the greatest time just catching up and talking like we used to do all the time. Also, there are few groups I love more than the foursome that gathered Thursday night--me, Josh, Amanda and Alex. Her visit was really something I needed; it was nice to be able to talk to someone who's been where I am and who can relate to all of my "senior" moments.
Friday Katie arrived for another super-fun weekend and we spent several hours in the afternoon engaging in one of our favorite pasttimes--drinking, eating Oreos and watching Will & Grace/Friends. (I know how it sounds, but don't knock it 'til you try it.) Even though Bulldog Bash was going on in the Cotton District we listened to our better judgment for once and decided to avoid that mob-scene-waiting-to-happen and go downtown instead. Stellar, stellar decision on our parts, I must say! The bar was SO fun (a super-fun crowd, good music, etc.), and I was not at all sad to have foregone the Bash.
Saturday dawned bright, early and HOT!! I was hoping it would be cool again like it was last week, but cool breezes were not in the cards. It wasn't just hot, it was blazing hot. Now, you know it doesn't take much to pursuade me to pass on going into the game, so I used the heat as a perfect excuse to stake my claim on a seat in the Junction. I wasn't in the Junction for too long, though, before a man named Drama made himself known, and drama continued as the theme for the rest of the night. It wasn't really so much that there was drama having to do with me, but I found myself being a third party to it several times. Many of you who know me well know that I try my absolute hardest to shy away from drama, but he managed to catch up with me Saturday night.
Luckily, however, Sunday was drama-free. Drama-free but full of studying! I studied, and I studied and then... I studied a little bit more. I didn't mind it so much, though, because I had taken off a good 3 days from doing any school work. I was long overdue.
Yesterday and today were spent preparing for my very first test of grad school, which I had this afternoon. In all honesty, it was harder than I thought it was going to be. It was one of those multiple choice tests where it seems like every answer could be the right answer, so really you're supposed to pick the answer that is the "most" correct. In other words... tricky, tricky. I can honestly say that I did my best, though, which is always a great feeling!
In other news, the weather the past two days has been nothing short of amazing. Cool, sunny, breezy... almost like (dare I say it?) fall. After my test was over this afternoon, I was able to study outside for a couple of hours and enjoy the wonderful sunshine before my next class, and there are few things in life better than that.
In other words, life is good.
Oh, yeah... except for the new Facebook.
That I hate.

No comments: