Tuesday, September 23, 2008

One Fine Day

Today has been the greatest day.
The past week-and-a-half or so have been pretty hectic schoolwise, but today was kind of a big breath of fresh air.
Allow me to recreate it for you now.
I woke up at 5:00 (yes, AM) to print off the final draft of my paper for my presentation this afternoon. I then took a shower and headed to work, once again thrilled at the beautiful fall weather.
I didn't really do too much at work, but the time passed pretty quickly anyway.
After I got off work, I headed to the library to meet with Lauren, my presentation partner, to go over our material one last time. We made our way to class, ready to fully educate our classmates on the ins, outs, ups and downs of anorexia. We decided we would just bite the bullet and go ahead and be the first group to present.
It really went great.
I have been worried about giving this presentation since the first day of class (in case you didn't know, English majors don't give a multitude of presentations; it's more of an independent field of study), but we did a really good job. I was still glad to have it over with, however.
At the end of my class, we got our test scores back from the test we took last week, which was my first test of graduate school. I was a little nervous about the test and was anxious to see how I had done. Please allow me to shamelessly brag on myself for just two seconds while I say... I got the highest grade in the class!
Perhaps all those hours of studying really are paying off?
Anyway, after I got that bit of good news, I went to my night class, which seemed to pass much more quickly and interestingly than normal. Before I knew it, it was 8:00 and time to go home.
Nick came over and hung out for awhile, and I was so glad to have a few hours to just relax with a good friend and take a deep breath.
As I finish writing this, I can't wait to fall into bed and get a superb night's rest.
If there's one thing God continues to teach me during this phase of my life, it is to truly take note of and appreciate the little things. For the first time in my life I think, I actually know what that means.

No comments: