Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sick Girl

I just returned from my grandmother's house. I wish I could say it was a relaxing and enjoyable holiday, but right now I can't seem to remember much of it, honestly.
What's that you say?
No, I didn't have too much wine with dinner.
Late Thursday night I had my first ever experience with the stomach virus. I think I thought I'd had it before, but I know now that I was wrong. The last 48 hours have been pretty miserable, but thankfully everything seems to be much, much better now.
These last few days have really taught me one unexpected lesson: there are few things as soothing as a cold washcloth lying on your forehead. That little cool square of cloth made all the difference in the world, and I think I'm going to be using that method of therapy a lot more often. If you come to my apartment in the future, don't be alarmed if you walk in and I've got a cold washcloth on my head.
Seriously.
I'm pretty worn out, and am headed off to bed, but just wanted to let those of you who I know were on the edge of your seats know that I did, in fact, get my Nikon I wanted so badly for Christmas. I honestly haven't even been able to really take it out of the box yet, but I'm hopefully going to get serious with it tomorrow. I may still be a novice photographer, but at least now I've got a great piece of equipment to make me look like a pseudo-professional.

No comments: