Monday, March 23, 2009

Livin' On a Prayer

I cannot even begin to express how much fun this past weekend was. After I got off work Thursday morning, Katherine came and picked me up, and we headed to West Point to meet Jenny and Megan and head to Destin for Meg's bachelorette weekend. I expected it to be a great time, but I never imagined I could have so much fun.
I won't give you a play-by-play of the entire weekend, but I will try to hit the high points. I feel like we did a little bit of everything; we saw a little bit of everything; God knows we ate and drank a little bit of everything. We really had an amazingly fun group, and everybody got along so well. I pretty much laughed from the time I got in the car Thursday until the time I arrived back at my apartment yesterday.
Here's a brief pseudo-recap: we wore amazing costumes; we dominated Rum Runners; we made the four other bachelorette parties out Saturday night hate us because we dominated the dancefloor and the stage; Katie met an Aussie; we made a guy get out of the car on the side of the road; we woke up and there were pizza crusts everywhere; the bouncer at Club Overboard chased us into the parking lot and begged us to come back inside; Katherine and Collin fell off the coffee table; we buried Collin in the sand; I had an incident with my camera; we made so many new friends; we took hundreds of pictures.
I know it probably doesn't sound that funny, but it was totally a "had to be there" weekend, I think. (Or maybe I'm just easily entertained?) I think I'm just going to leave you with some photo evidence of the weekend and allow you to draw your own conclusions...
The start of a truly amazing weekend with some truly crazy girls.
Collin and Katherine's late night dance party (just minutes before they both fell off the coffee table).The whole gang in the gorgeous water.Katie's birthday song on the piano at Rum Runners.Burying Collin as a mermaid.Me and Maggie in our awesome 80's gear.Me and the bride, a true 80's queen if I've ever seen one.
The whole crew upon arrival at Baytown; little did they know what was about to be unleashed.Dominating the dancefloor (and sweating profusely...).






1 comment:

Rachel Buckley said...

looks like it was a wonderful and funny weekend!