Sunday, March 15, 2009

Time to Relax

I love Spring Break. I can't lie; neverending Spring Breaks is one of the most attractive aspects of a career in education. During this year's break, I do have some schoolwork to get done before I leave for the beach on Thursday, but today I did absolutely nothing but lay around on my couch and relax.
I slept embarrassingly late this morning and got up just in time to watch Mississippi State take on the University of Tennessee for the SEC Championship game in Tampa. All in all, it was not the best game ever played, but I was very excited about the outcome. Many of you know that I am not the most avid of sports fans, but even I jump on the bandwagon when the stakes get raised. I know we'll all be behind the dawgs when they take on Washington on Thursday.
Best of luck, State; wrap it in maroon and white!
After the game, I watched Fireproof and Rachel Getting Married, two very different but both very thought-provoking movies. Although I don't think Rachel Getting Married would appeal to everyone, I would recommend Fireproof to anyone; I think we could all glean something from its message.
Anyway, today was another great relaxing and enjoyable day. I do have to get up and go to work in the morning, but I am actually glad for the time, for I know I'll be able to get some valuable school-time in (seeing as no one will be on campus...). See, Positively 2009 really does know no bounds.
Tomorrow after work I'm heading to Columbus to spend the night with my mom; she's getting a tooth pulled and is convinced she's going to be completely incapacitated.
Doubtful, I say.

1 comment:

Rebecca McKissack said...

thats so weird you watched those movies....i wanted to rent BOTH of them the other day, but you know how i am with renting movies. i should just buy...a few of them. ha! any ol libby cracks me up!! lucky you have spring break. its my one and only year without it. THANK GOODNESS!