Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Added Fuel

Tonight I am thankful for lemon-lime Gatorade.  And I do specifically mean lemon-lime because, for me, that's really the only flavor there is.  You see, I've been feeling a little under the weather these last few days, probably mostly to do with the recent drop in temperature or some such phenomenon like that.  My throat is scratchy; my nose is running; I've got drainage running all down my throat (TMI?).  All in all, I've just been feeling a little cruddy.  For me, when I start to feel like this, it's time to go for the Gatorade.  Lemon-lime Gatorade always reminds me of being sick when I was growing up because I guess it was one of the only times my mom bought it.  It really did always make me feel better, and so now, whenever I get sick or feel under the weather, I head for that familiar remedy.  Oddly enough, I don't even really love it that much when I'm feeling good, but, for some reason, it's what I feel like I need most when I'm not feeling my best.  Maybe it just reminds me of being comforted and petted when I was young and sick; maybe it just tastes good.  Who knows?  All I know is the quicker somebody gets me some of that lemon-lime goodness, the quicker I'll be moving on down the road to recovery.

1 comment:

Courtney McShan said...

I was hoping for a shout out to lemon-lime Gatorade, peanut m$m's, and OC marathons. What am I? Chop liver? Or better yet, polenta?