Sunday, November 7, 2010

Love Me True

Tonight I am thankful for reminders that true love still exists.  Lindsey and Ray, two of my favorite people in the world, got married last night, and watching them throughout the weekend served to remind me that true love is not a myth; though rare in this day and age, it's still out there.  Lindsey and I have been very close friends for about six years now, and, from the minute I met Ray I knew he was the one for her.  Lindsey is one of the most thoughtful, genuine, caring people I've ever met, and Ray is the perfect complement to her.  Seeing them together reminds occasionally bitter self-deprecating cynics like me that real, honest love is not always a farce created by Hollywood and Hallmark; it actually exists, and it's written all over their faces.  Every minute of the weekend was so "them," and it all came together so beautifully.  I am so thankful to have these amazing people in my life individually as my friends, and I am even more blessed to have loving, caring couples like them around to serve as examples and remind me what I'm holding out for.  I love you both sooooooo much, and I am so honored to have been a part of such a beautiful, wonderful celebration of your love for each other.




PS:  I promise to share pictures of the wedding in the coming weeks when the photographer gets them all edited and posted.  I can't even begin to do justice to this event in mere words, so I will hold out and let the pictures speak for themselves. 

No comments: