Thursday, November 4, 2010

For the Want of a Nail

Today I am thankful for OPI Nail Lacquer.  How do they always get the colors (and those names?!) just right??  I don't know how they do it, but no matter what I have in mind, OPI always comes up with exactly what I want.  Today I got a manicure and pedicure for Lindsey's wedding this weekend, and I had my color in mind long before I arrived for my appointment--a wonderful eggplant-ish purple.  I suggested the color to Christina, and in no time at all she pulled the perfect shade out of her handy bucket.  Lincoln Park After Dark?  Don't mind if I do.  I know it's a little thing, but there's something great about leaving with just what you came for and being wholly satisfied with the end result.  The perfect nail polish is definitely one of life's frills, but tonight it serves as a reminder of how blessed I am and how much God cares about me and takes care of every little thing--even down to the tips of my fingers and the ends of my toes. 



1 comment:

Jessica's Spare Time said...

My mom loves OPI nail polish. The both of us would always go to the nail shop and get our nails done. She would be the only one who would get her nails painted. I always wanted mine to be plain.