Monday, September 21, 2009

Birthday

Welcome to the world, Frances Rose!
I am so excited to welcome this newest little bundle of joy to my family. 
Here she is with her proud papa, my cousin (and might-as-well-be-older-brother) David.  She arrived a little ahead of schedule, but we are so glad she's here safe and sound and that she and mom Leslie are both healthy and happy.
Don't y'all think birth is the most amazing thing?  I mean, yesterday Frances Rose was just an abstract concept, nearly impossible to visualize and almost wholly unknown, and here she is, today, a living, breathing miracle and a concrete example of God's infinite power.  She's a tiny little person, and I can't wait to meet her, watch her personality develop, and learn all about the person she will become.
I guess her birth comes at a time when I am hypersensitive to babies and the miracle of human life.  Right now it seems all I study in my classes is  the developmental process, and we talk so much about everything that can go wrong; I almost forget how right everything can go, too.  That seems pretty silly, though (and just downright insulting to God), when you see a tiny little slice of perfection like her.
Can't wait to meet you, Frances Rose; I'm so glad you're here. 

2 comments:

Rebecca McKissack said...

yay!!!! welcome :) cant wait to hang this weekend either! love you!!

Alicia said...

I agree! It's amazing how many babies are born a day considering how many things can go wrong. I guess that's why it's a miracle! Congratulations on the new niece/1st cousin once removed!