Monday, September 7, 2009

Weekend Warrior

What a crazy weekend.
And by crazy I totally mean so-much-fun-I'm-not-sure-where-to-start.
It all started Friday afternoon in the Junction (or, as we like to call it: The Crunktion), hanging out with some of my favorite newlyweds while we waited to set up the tailgate tent. We told ridiculous stories, laughed a lot (shocking, I know), and took it all in. Mississippi State was a totally awesome place to be on a gorgeous Friday afternoon in September.
After that, Becca came and picked me up, and we headed to Bin 612 (one of our favorite Starkville eateries) for a fabulous dinner with her dear ole dad. Mr. Steve kept us in stitches, and we bumped into several friends. It was shaping up to be a fabulous weekend, indeed.
After we had eaten all we could eat, and we couldn't eat anymore, we picked up Paige and headed downtown (after Becca almost killed us driving the .27 miles to the bar). Barrister's was a great time, and I had a few laughs talking to some friends I had been missing forever. We decided to call it a relatively early night (to be in top form for Saturday, of course), but not before stopping in at Old Venice for a minute and being immediately transported back to my true college days. That place was my home away from home for a pretty good chunk of time, and being there always takes me back.
Saturday morning dawned bright and beautiful as we prepped for a day of fun, friends, and football. I bumped into so many people and laughed until I could hardly stand up straight, and even a sudden mid-afternoon downpour wasn't enough to dampen the spirits on campus this weekend. Saturday night was spent downtown once again, swapping stories and laughing until I was hoarse.
I feel like I should probably take this opportunity to offer up a word or two of apology to anyone and everyone that I came into contact with over the weekend, for I'm pretty sure I was like a person with a weekend pass from the looney bin, and I think I was a bit of a handfull. I was laughing like a crazy person, snapping pictures with every person I've ever met, and goodness knows what else. The excitement definitely got to me, and for that reason I think I got a bit carried away...
Sorry...
That brings me to Sunday, during which, with the exception of a brief foray to Umi to fill up on sushi, Becca and I layed around my apartment until 5:30 in the afternoon. Never have I ever been a part of such utter worthlessness, but it was secretly wonderful.
Today was spent in Columbus with the mom, who I had fun catching up with and solving the world's problems. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay as long as I would have liked, for critiques, and textbooks, and group projects were beckoning me back far before I was ready.
I'll leave you with just a few of my favorite pics of the weekend (I'm telling you, I took mountains of pictures... I couldn't post all of them), and I hope everyone has enjoyed their holiday weekend!

No comments: