Friday, September 11, 2009

Just Buy It

Okay, confession time.
I have been on a bit of spending spree for the last, say, 48 hours.
I think it all started earlier in the week when my teacher told me I had to buy this:
I know it may look like just a book, nonthreatening and uninteresting at that. However, this tome way worse than it looks. First of all, it's over 1000 pages long, and it weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 lbs.
Seriously.
And I can't even bear to type what it cost, for my gag reflex kicks in just thinking about it. (As if I didn't already spend hundreds of dollars on books this semester...)
Oh, grad school, how I loathe you.
Anyway, so after adding this future doorstop to my cart, you know I wasn't going to leave the Barnes & Noble website without getting myself a little something. So, I bought a few more of these (because I have so much spare time for pleasure-reading, you know):
And just like that, it's like I just couldn't stop.
The next thing I fixated on was new boots, for fall is swiftly approaching, and I refuse to be caught unaware. So, after spending a whole day at work scouring the internet, I settled on these:
They are presently en route to my humble abode, and I'm ready and waiting for them.
Then, Zappos being the magnetic force that it is, I became entranced with these little beauties:
I wouldn't rest until they were on their way to my house, too!
Let me take this moment to give some major kudos to Zappos, for I ordered these last night about 6:30, and they arrived on my doorstep today at 12:00 o'clock on the nose. AND, they upgraded my shipping and my priority at no extra charge. Dear Zappos,
I loved you from the start, but in me you now have a neverendingly faithful customer. Forever.
All my love,
Spring.
Anyway, after my purchase from Zappos, I swore I was done. I was laying on my couch, leisurely flipping through InStyle (which, I have realized, is often my downfall), and I spotted Julia Roberts looking tres chic in these fabulous Ray Bans. Pulling up the website on my trusty laptop, I discovered they really weren't very expensive, and before I knew it I was getting a confirmation number and the order was complete.
These little beauties are on their way to my door as we speak:Let me clearly state that I by no means have the money to have bought any or all of these things. I am a poor, struggling student and live on a meager student's income. I eat Hamburger Helper and occasionally I even have to resort to Chef Boyardee. I live in an apartment barely big enough to turn around in, yet I just blew my entire pay check on these online purchases I "just couldn't pass up." I did get really good deals on everything, so that's definitely a plus, but I was like an unstoppable force. I had to have all of them. It was like if I didn't have them I would die; my life would be incomplete. How awful is that?!
And here's the clencher, I have not one ounce of buyer's remorse for anything I've bought (except for the stupid textbook that started this whole frenzy, of course). I love them all, and I can't wait for the rest to arrive!
I'll probably be eating Ramen noodles and SpaghettiOh's for God knows how long, but at least my feet will look good, and I'll be able to keep the sun out of my eyes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

gotta love the DSM! We were excused from purchasing it since the new one is coming out in 2011. How thoughtful of them. We did, however, have to purchase a $220 computer program. Lovely!