Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I'm Left Wonderin'

So... question.
I cannot figure out how some blogs get so, so many readers.
I mean, I love my blog, and I love the people that read it (and that, cough, cough, comment on it), but I just can't help but wonder how some blogs do it. How do you go about getting hundreds of thousands of readers everyday??
For example, I was reading a blog at work today that a girl I work with recommended, and there were something like 547 comments today. In my blog's year-and-a-half existence, I don't think I've cracked a hundred comments.
Granted, the blog I was reading today has been established for eight-and-a-half years, so she's had a long, long time to establish followers and build up her readership, but 547 comments?? Seriously??
I'm honestly not complaining... I'm just in awe.
I mean, what catapults a blog to that kind of popularity? Daily postings?? Giveaways?? Risque subject matter?? Relatability?? I really can't figure it out.
I'll admit it... I wish I could say that about my humble blog.
But, maybe in seven years I'll be able to. I mean, it's possible, right?
In other musings and wonderings, I am ready for the majority of girls at Mississippi State University to dig to the back of their closets and brush off their fall clothing. Shirts-worn-as-dresses, the miniest of mini skirts, the deepest of v-necks, and the shortest of short shorts have rained abundant this back to school season, but it seems that this week has been especially... er... fleshy. I think everybody's trying to milk these last few days of summer before these threads have to be retired for the year, but I for one will be glad to see a little less skin.
I know... I'm ninety two years old and counting.
In one final archaic thought, since when do people dress like Early United States History at eleven a.m. on a Wednesday (or whatever other required class they're all flocking into) requires the same ensemble as a night out downtown? For those of you who have left your campus days behind, just use your imagination and take my word for it. Red lips, expertly coiffed and tousled hair, accessories to sink the Titanic, and of course the outfits on which I've already presented my diatribe.
I walk across campus, and I just can't process the questions fast enough. My brain's on overload until I can come home and unload my observations and queries onto all of y'all.
What's that?
Oh, no problem.
You're more than welcome.

4 comments:

Courtney McShan said...

Here's one to get you closer to 547! Hope you have had a wonderful week. And p.s. I went shopping this week and could not have been more excited to buy winter clothes so I can cover up! Haha

Joey and Kristin Lindley said...

well spring, i must admit that i did have that perfectly coiffed and tousled hair almost every day for class. but i matched the hair with a phi mu t-shirt and jeans...so maybe it evened itself out. you know i love a bouffant :)

Alicia said...

Z, you're not fooling anyone! I remember your freshman Sessums days!You know, the year you rolled out of bed and barely made it to class!

Rebecca McKissack said...

i wonder all the time stringer. i think im funny. nobody else gives a shit about my blog i guess! haha