Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saturday In the Park

I have had some fabulous weekends the past several weeks, but I cannot even pretend that I wasn't super excited about having a totally free Saturday today. I didn't have anywhere to be; I wasn't going to do any school work (I've made a pact with myself... no weekend homework!), and I had a whole day of freedom ahead of me.
What to do... where to start?!
Well, those of you who know me well can probably guess where I started off my day.
After sleeping a little late this morning, I strolled right up the street to one of my favorite Starkville eateries, City Bagel Cafe. I had my favorite breakfast (spinach and cheddar bagel with eggs and cheddar cheese and a hot chocolate, for those of you who were interested), and read for hours. (Read for pleasure, might I add.) I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I read all the way through breakfast, early lunch, regular lunch and into the late lunch. What can I say, I was really into my book (s). (Yes, I finished one and started another... I'm a megadweeb, I know.)
Anyway, so seeing as I read right through lunch, I got a turkey sandwich to go, and headed off to my next destination. I have been itching to see (500) Days of Summer since I first saw the preview earlier in the summer, and I just knew it would never come to sleepy Starkville. Surprisingly, though, I was proven wrong, and it came last weekend. So, I made my way to the theater (turkey sandwich in towe, of course--sneaking City Bagel into the movies is one of my favorite things to do) and settled in for my movie. It was so, so good!! It was funny, sweet, sad, hopeful... so much all rolled into one. If you've seen it, I hope you'll agree; if not, I highly recommend it. Check out my movie blog for my full review of it; it's one of my better reviews I've written, if I do say so myself.
Anyway, after that, I headed out to take some pictures. I hadn't been able to take any pictures in a long time, and seeing Rachel's blog really made me want to go out and take some. So, I headed to Mississippi State's rose garden, a place where I have always wanted to go but for some reason have never visited. It was gorgeous, and I think I got some pretty neat pictures. It felt good to be out playing around again, anyway. (I put some more from this series on Facebook, if you want to see more.)
Finally, I'm sitting on my couch watching Mississippi State take on the Auburn Tigers, hoping we can pull out a victory. The first half was kind of a rollercoaster, and the second half has started of rather slowly; I'm still rooting for my Bulldogs and my favorite new head coach, Dan Mullen, though!









I hope everyone's had a great Saturday and you've been as laid back as I have. I've been beyond worthless, and it's been beyond fabulous.

1 comment:

Rachel Buckley said...

1. I'm glad you liked the moive because it has been on my to-do list for a while.

2. I sneak in subway to movies. further proof that we inhabit the same mind and soul.

3. I would totally choose city bagel over subway if we had them.

4. give yourself some photo credit. it's not all about the the camera...it may be partly do to some super photoshopping skills (but that's an art too)--but it's definitely all about the eye behind the lens.

5. will you come visit me?

6. thanks.

7. if we lived in the same area we could share lenses, and that would be super cool.