Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Power In Me

Y'all know how goofy I get about the stuff I'm studying sometimes, but I saw something in class today that I just had to show y'all. This video might be the single most powerful instrument I've ever seen to demonstrate the powerful influence adults have on children.
It seems to me that, in many cases, kids today have the deck stacked against them from the start, and when their parents are not providing the appropriate guidance and positive examples they need, they are practically guaranteed to end up in a bad place.
Anyway, just check the video out if you're so inclined. I'm looking at a future in education, and even I forget sometimes how easily children are influenced. The images in this video gave me chills, and its impact will undoubtedly stay with me for a long time.
It's pretty powerful... but you don't have to take my word for it.

1 comment:

Rebecca McKissack said...

lauren thats so true. i get so worked up over stuff like this yet i dont always do the best things in front of kids either! i lose my cool on a daily basis!